YouTube is one of the best sources of entertainment and is the second-largest search engine in the world. Knowing this, individuals, marketers, and business owners use YouTube to increase their brand awareness and visibility.
As YouTube is a highly engaging platform, you can start to promote your products or services effectively. The possibilities are endless so that people can purchase from their preferred brand on this application. Besides buying these products, you can start your own YouTube channel and make interesting video content. On top of that, you can leverage Trollishly to improve your social media presence organically.
To keep your audience engaged, you should ensure that your audience watches your videos thoroughly till the end. Let us dive deeper into this article to learn the best practices for designing your YouTube video’s end screen like a pro. Designing an excellent end screen will navigate your audience to your next video or channel. So, Let’s get started!
On this page
What Is a ‘YouTube End Screen’?
End screens are also known as video outros. The end screen on YouTube will allow the creators to navigate viewers to take further action after watching your video. You can add external links like subscribe CTAs, video playlists, other channel links, etc.
Typically, the end screens are around 5 to 20 seconds long. So, you must ensure to make your end screen more exciting and engaging. According to your channel’s niche, you can add ambient or lively music to your end screen.
To proceed with the best practices to design your YouTube end screen, let us start with the factors you can include in your end screen.
#1 Factors You Can Include in Your YouTube End Screen
You can add what your subscribers and viewers want to know about on your YouTube end screen. Here are the essential factors you can include in your YouTube end screen.
- Suggestion Videos- If you want to keep your audience engaged for a long time, you can add suggested videos on your end screen. It is always the best idea. You can include links to your best videos on the end screen. Also, if you collaborate with other artists, you can add those links too. By adding these suggestion videos, your viewers will actively follow you and your YouTube videos.
- Playlist- Similar to adding links, you can link your video playlist with anyone else’s on your end screen. Well, these playlists will significantly work for many viewers who are interested in a particular topic.
- Channel- If you have another YouTube channel, you can gladly include that channel’s link on your end screen. In case you collaborate with other creators, include that creator’s channel link too.
- Subscribe Button- Add the subscribe button to your end screen. This is the best element so far. It will motivate your viewers to subscribe to your channel.
With these essential factors, you can make your end screen visually appealing and interesting. Don’t you think your whole video should be engaging enough to keep your viewers till the end? Then only these factors will be effective. So, you need to ensure your video is highly engaging and exciting.
Do you know you can make your lengthy YouTube video into a short-form video? Of course, yes! Try the YouTube Shorts feature to make your video crisp and snappy. You can also buy youtube shorts views to increase your content visibility with wider audiences legitimately.
#2 Preferable Size for Making YouTube End Screen
It is the best practice to learn and follow these size recommendations to make your end screen look professional. Here are the guidelines for making your YouTube end screen:
- Your video’s total length should be at least 25 seconds long so that you can make a good end screen.
- The dimensions of your end screen should be 1280*720.
- Your YouTube end screen should be at least 5-20 seconds long.
- The size for the Subscribe or other channel spheres should be 294*294.
- The size of the link square should be 294*294.
- The size of the playlist or video rectangle should be 615*345.
- You can only add your end screen in the final 20 seconds of your video.
- Once the end screen shows up, all the watermarks, elements, and overlays will disappear.
- Other than this, if you like to include a custom image on your end screen, ensure the width of the image is 300*300 pixels and use a background remover if required.
- Also, remember that the end screen will not be visible on YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, or mobile web apps.
Now that you have understood the factors and guidelines to make an end screen, don’t you need to learn how to design your YouTube end screen like a pro? Let’s jump into the most exciting part of this article!
#3 Steps to Design Your YouTube End Screens
Creating and designing your YouTube end screens are much easier than you think. Here are the steps to make a perfect end screen for your YouTube videos.
- Open your YouTube application and sign in to your account.
- Select your account icon in the top right corner, then select ‘YouTube Studio.’
- Select ‘Content’ from the left-side menu.
- To add an end screen to your existing video, select the video and click the ‘Pencil icon.’
- To add an end screen to a new video, select the ‘Create’ option in the top right-side corner of your screen. Then upload your video file.
- After completing these steps, click the ‘Video Elements’ tab.
- By adding your own or existing video, you will see the ‘Add an end screen’ option.
- Now select your preferred elements and factors to include in your end screen. Then click the ‘Create Element’ option.
- You can customize and design your end screen with the given guidelines.
- Select and adjust the apt size of every element to your end screen and set the time length correctly.
- Select the ‘Preview’ option from the top left-side corner of the screen to preview your end screen.
- Finally, select the ‘Save’ option to finalize and save your YouTube end screen.
These are one of the best practices for designing your YouTube end screen like a pro. Here are great examples of unique end screens on YouTube. They are New York Times Cooking, Food52, BrightSide, etc. If you like to become one of these examples, you need to build a robust presence on YouTube, then trying Trollishly will help you strengthen your profile.
Creating engaging and intriguing videos on YouTube is just the beginning; what is essential is how you maximize your efforts. Hope this article provides the best practices to design a perfect end screen for your YouTube video like a pro. If you find this article helpful, kindly share them in the comment section below.