Lobster is a luxurious and decadent seafood that can elevate any weeknight meal into a special occasion. However, cooking lobster can be intimidating for some people, requiring careful timing and handling. Whether you prefer lobster claws, lobster pasta, or lobster mac and cheese, here is the lobster dinner menu. These easy lobster dinner recipes are delicious, simple, and quick to prepare. Here are some of the easy appetizers for lobster dinner that you can try at home.
On this page
4 Easy Lobster Dinner Ideas for Delicious Weeknight Meals
1. Lobster Pasta
Lobster pasta is a delicious dish that combines tender lobster meat with a creamy and flavorful sauce.
- 2 South African Lobster Tails
- 8 ounces of linguine or spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of white wine (optional)
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Boil a large pot of water and cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the lobster tails. Cut the shells lengthwise and remove the meat. Chop the lobster meat into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about a minute.
- Add the lobster pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes until they turn pink and opaque.
- Add white wine and simmer for a minute to deglaze the pan if desired.
- Stir in the heavy cream and let the sauce thicken for a few minutes—season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta into the skillet, tossing everything together until the pasta is well mixed with the sauce.
- Serve the lobster pasta hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
2. Grilled Lobster Claws
Grilled lobster claws are made from the claws of lobsters that have been cooked on a grill. Lobster is a popular and luxurious seafood known for its tender meat, and grilling lobster claws enhances their flavor and adds a smoky, charred note to the dish.
Here’s a simple recipe:
- 1 pound of Lobster Claws Meat
- Olive oil or melted butter
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic (optional)
- Fresh herbs (such as parsley, thyme, or cilantro for garnish)
- Thaw the lobster claws if they are frozen, and if they are fresh, you can proceed to the next steps.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. It’s essential to have a well-oiled grill grate to prevent the lobster claws from sticking.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil or melted butter, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and minced garlic if desired. This will be your marinade.
- Brush the marinade over the lobster claws, ensuring they are evenly coated.
- Place the lobster claws on the preheated grill. You can use tongs to arrange them so they don’t fall through the grill grates. Close the grill lid.
- Grill the lobster claws for 4-6 minutes per side or until the meat is opaque and slightly brown. Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the claws and the heat of your grill.
- Carefully remove the lobster claws from the grill using tongs. Be gentle to avoid breaking the delicate meat.
- Serve the grilled lobster claws hot, garnished with fresh herbs and a side of extra lemon wedges or the remaining marinade for dipping.
3. Lobster Tacos
Lobster tacos are a delicious and easy way to enjoy lobster meat with a Mexican twist.
- 2 Maine lobster tails
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (adjust to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Prepare the lobster tails by removing the meat from the shells and chopping it into bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, mix the coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, lime juice, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to make a creamy slaw.
- Heat the tortillas in a dry skillet or microwave until warm.
- In a separate skillet, sauté the lobster pieces with some butter for 2-3 minutes until they turn pink and opaque.
- Assemble the lobster tacos by placing a spoonful of slaw on each tortilla, followed by the sautéed lobster pieces.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
4. Lobster Mac & Cheese
Lobster mac and cheese is a delicious and indulgent dish that combines the creamy comfort of macaroni and cheese with the rich and succulent flavor of lobster. It’s a popular seafood variation of the classic mac and cheese. Here’s a basic recipe to get you started:
- 8 ounces of elbow macaroni or your preferred pasta
- 2 Maine lobster tails, meat removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bread crumbs (optional for topping)
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional for garnish)
- Boil the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk continuously to make a roux. Cook for a couple of minutes until it turns a light golden color.
- Gradually add the milk while continuing to whisk, ensuring no lumps. Cook the mixture, stirring frequently, until it thickens and comes to a gentle simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and add the cheddar, Parmesan, and Gruyere cheeses. Stir until the cheeses are completely melted, and the sauce is smooth and creamy. Season the sauce with cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked pasta and lobster meat to the cheese sauce. Stir to combine and ensure the pasta and lobster are evenly coated with the cheese sauce.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish. If desired, you can sprinkle bread crumbs on top for a crispy texture. Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden and the mixture bubbles.
- Once out of the oven, you can garnish your lobster mac and cheese with chopped fresh parsley for a pop of color and flavor. Allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
These easy appetizers for lobster dinners offer a delectable and luxurious option for weeknight meals that can elevate your dining experience without requiring excessive time and effort in the kitchen. Whether you opt for classic lobster pasta or simple lobster claws, these best lobster dinner recipes provide a taste of gourmet dining in the comfort of your home. With minimal cooking time, you can savor the rich and succulent flavors of lobster, making any weeknight feel like a special occasion.