Are you preparing for the Cisco Certified Network Associate exam (CCNA)? You can prepare for the CCNA exam with our CCNA preparation guide.
The Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification is in high demand. IT professionals are clamoring for this certification. Cisco offers CCNA certification for networking professionals at the associate level, hence the name.
CCNA certification can help boost the career of IT professionals in terms of knowledge, skills, and better job opportunities.
This certification will allow an individual to configure, operate, and troubleshoot various components of a network, such as switches, routers, etc.
You will find in this blog the general tips and strategies for preparing for the CCNA. Let’s first look at some of the basic information about the CCNA certification and its objectives.
On this page
- CCNA Exam Objectives
- Exam fees for CCNA
- CCNA Certification Information
- Recommended Study Materials for CCNA Exam preparation
- CCNA Exam Study Strategies
- How to pass CCNA Exam on First Attempt?
- How do I get CCNA certification?
- Validity of CCNA Certification Exam
- Join us today to take the first step in a rewarding career!
CCNA Exam Objectives
It is important to know the CCNA syllabus before you enroll in any certification or exam course. Here is what the CCNA exam covers!
1. Network Fundamentals
It covers the basic topics of networks such as TCP/IP, firewalls and different network topologies. The IPv4 and IPv6 address types are also covered in detail.
2. LAN Switching Technologies
This module covers various concepts of switching in a network, including configuring, verifying, and troubleshooting VLANs; interswitching connectivity, STP protocol, and EtherChannel.
3. Routing Technologies
This module contains several routing concepts, along with a routing table. It also includes types of routing – static and dynamic; interior and external routing protocols; OSPv3 and OSPFv2 both for IPv4; EIGRPs and IPv4 for IPv6.
4. WAN Technologies
This course includes a detailed examination of the configuration and verification of PPP and MLPPP interfaces on WAN interfaces, as well as PPPoE interfaces at client side using local authentication. The course also includes WAN connectivity concepts and basic QoS concepts.
5. Infrastructure Services
This module covers topics such as DNS lookup operation, troubleshooting DNS client connectivity issues, configuring and verifying DHCP routers, basic HSRP and source NAT, and NTP in a client/server configuration.
6. Infrastructure Security
The Infrastructure Security Module covers topics such as port security, common threat mitigation techniques at the access layer, configuration, verification, and troubleshooting for IPv4 or IPv6 traffic filtering access lists. It also covers ACLs by using the APIC EM Path Trace ACL Analysis Tool, configuration verification, and troubleshooting for basic device hardening.
7. Infrastructure Management
It is the management of devices that make up the network system. This includes the configuration and verification protocols for device monitoring. It also includes device performance maintenance.
Exam fees for CCNA
The exam is quite expensive. It is best to prepare well before the exam. The CCNA 200-301 exam costs $300.
You can buy online some tests to help you prepare. SPOTO’s Cisco CCNA practice questions are good choice.
CCNA Certification Information
The CCNA test is primarily designed to verify the professional’s fundamentals. It is therefore likely that exam questions will continue to change as new technologies are introduced. There is a standard process that is followed to ensure the fairness of the exam.
- You need pass the CCNA 200-301 exam to achieve the CCNA certification.
- The test is of the objective type. The exam will consist of multiple-choice questions (each question will have a uniform number of options). You must choose the right answer from these choices.
- Other types of questions will include drag-and-drop, Simlet and Testlet.
- The exam usually contains between 60-70 questions.
- The total time for the examination is 90 minutes, or 1 and a half hours.
- The CCNA test is available in English and Japanese. English and Japanese.
Recommended Study Materials for CCNA Exam preparation
The exam can be taken two ways. If you’re taking the CCNA exam (200-301), the best deal is to purchase both products in the CCNA format. You can prepare for the CCNA exam by reading the CCNA material. You can find a brief summary of CCNA materials to help you prepare for the CCNA exam.
- Two books will be sent to you, namely the Cisco CCNA ICND2 Official Cert guide and The Cisco CCNA ICND1 Official Cert guide. The books cover all topics on the syllabus.
- You can also download eBooks in the Cert Library if you prefer to read using a question-and-answer format. You will also be provided with a study guide that will help you to navigate the course material.
- The Cisco Press also offers objective-type questions in the book titled “31 days …'”. This book can be used as a quick guide to help you prepare for the CCNA test. It is great if your goal is to pass on your first try.
CCNA Exam Study Strategies
It is important to have a plan for anything large. This will help you achieve your goal. You can prepare for the CCNA by reading these tips.
- You should first have some knowledge about the different networking models. If you’re a newbie, you can choose the Cisco two-exam pattern, but otherwise one exam will suffice. In one of the sections above, you will find the exam information.
- Second, you must study deeply. It’s not enough to simply gather knowledge. Prepare yourself to take on challenges.
- Buy or rent the equipment to practice CLI. Understanding is not enough. Understanding the router and switching commands is important.
- You should also focus on subletting. It will become as simple as ABC if you practice it. Try to make it not only simple but also fast.
- The Cisco Learning Network is a great resource for practice. You can ask your questions in a community and get answers within minutes or even hours. Sometimes they even provide sample questions that are similar to those on the actual exam.
How to pass CCNA Exam on First Attempt?
You can achieve anything if you are determined and have the right approach. Here are some tips to help you pass the CCNA test on your first try.
- Find the previous year’s questions and practice exams on the Internet. This will allow you to gain a better understanding of the test and the questions.
- To be good at anything, you must practice. Practice as much as possible. If you are able to do lab practice, it is a great advantage.
- In books, look for glossaries and summaries. These are the essentials and will give you a good overview of any subject. This will also help you to remember the information.
- Many websites provide exam formats. Check them out and see a preview. Also, make sure to check the weighting of each question.
- Don’t forget to evaluate your preparation while you are preparing. To do this, you will need to take online mock tests. Details are given in the previous section.
- Last but not least, go over the most important topics. It is difficult to cover all topics in networking, as it is such a large area. You should be able to understand the basics, such as TCP/IP, different protocols and data flow.
How do I get CCNA certification?
Certification is the first step to a successful IT career. Let’s take a look at how to obtain CCNA certification.
- If you’re new to networking, it is a good idea to get an entry-level certificate. This will give you a better understanding of the basics.
- Follow the tips and strategies in this blog to prepare for the CCNA test.
- Specialize in networking. You will gain more knowledge and become an expert. This will lead to more job opportunities.
- After passing the exam and completing all of the above, you can become a software developer or network administrator. You can create domains which will work smoothly and efficiently.
Validity of CCNA Certification Exam
A CCNA certification is usually valid for three years. The certificate becomes invalid after three years and you’ll need to recertify by taking another exam.
The new exam will include topics from updated technologies as well as basic course content.
If you have a CCNA certification, then you must first obtain the Cisco CCNP certificate before your CCNA becomes valid. If you pass any exam at a higher level within these three years, then you won’t need to recertify.
The CCNA exam is considered to be one of the most difficult exams in the IT sector. This certification allows networking professionals to demonstrate and validate their skills. This certification is a great opportunity for IT professionals to advance in their career. This CCNA certification will make you a networking expert with global recognition.
This CCNA exam guide is a great resource for networking professionals who are preparing to achieve CCNA certification. SPOTO offers CCNA practice tests that will help you prepare for the exam.
Join us today to take the first step in a rewarding career!
Need help with CCNA preparation? Please write your question in the comments section below. We will be glad to assist you.